Little Traverse Half Marathon and 10K
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Here’s to the 402 racers and 100+ volunteers and sponsors (and the weather gods!) who came out to make the 5th Annual Little Traverse Half/10K a fantastic race day!
Thanks to Sam Graci Sr. of Superior Timing for glitch-free results, big screen monitor and custom timing slips at the finish line.
Download and/or purchase your race photos.
Thanks to Scott Castelein of Lake Street Media for these fantastic pics that tell the story.
Kaitlyn Alessi (20-24 yrs) of Harbor Springs, MI crossed the line in 1:41.30 (7:44 pace)
Tony Steeno ((35-39 yrs) of Traverse City, MI crossed the line in 1:22.23 (6:17 pace)
Anne Currie (30-34 yrs) of Holland, OH crossed the line in 42:35 (6:52 pace)
Charlie Detmar (25-29 yrs) – aka Coach D – of Harbor Springs, MI crossed the line in 38:35 (6:13 pace)
BUZZ BUZZ JENKS MEMORIAL AWARD
In honor of our friend who loved his many runs around the bay!
$100 Cash Prize to the Fastest Man 65 and Over in the 10K
Tom Harbaugh (65-69 yrs) of Boyne City, MI crossed the line in 47:05 (7:35 pace) and received the award for the 2nd year in a row.
- Volunteers who were at the start lines, on the course and at the finish area
- Local Sponsors who donated supplies, services and support
- Harbor Springs Police Department who kept racers safe on the open roads
- Village of Bay Harbor who provided a perfect setting for the Half Marathon start
- Petoskey State Park who provided a perfect setting for the IOK start
- Bay View Association who provided access to a gorgeous footpath along the shoreline
- City of Harbor Springs who provided an idyllic site at Zorn Park for the finish area
Celebrating Little Traverse Bay!
This race was created so athletes of all ages and abilities can connect with the spectacular landscape, history and shoreline communities of Bay Harbor, Petoskey and Harbor Springs.
The Outfitter of Harbor Springs is committed to presenting a unique race experience with an incredible course, big-race logistics and small-town feel.
Please contact us by phone at 231.526.2621 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org