Kids Paddle Camp
Kayaking and Paddleboarding
4-Day Sessions for Ages 9-12 years! Big fun and paddling skills on Little Traverse Bay!
The Outfitter’s Kids’ Paddle Camp is a great way to get out on the water while learning a lifelong skill! Through teamwork, games and exploration, your child will:
- Experience the fun of being on the water.
- Learn the essentials of kayaking and stand-up paddleboarding (strokes, rescues, wet exits) in a positive learning environment.
- Practice boater safety and group travel on the water.
4-day sessions (Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs) begin July and run through August. Register for one or more sessions throughout the summer. Reduced rate offered for subsequent sessions.
Location and Directions
- Days 1, 2, and 3: (Mon-Tues-Wed): Meet at Jo Ford Park on Bay Street in Harbor Springs
- Day 4 (Thurs): Meet at Round Lake on Powell Road off M119
Jo Ford Park – Head east on Main Street to Judd Street. Turn right and head towards the harbor. Turn left on Bay Street and then turn right into Jo Ford Park parking lot. Meet at the grassy area by the water.
Round Lake – Take M-119 towards Petoskey passing the airport (right side). Just past Vernales restaurant (old Flying Dutchman), turn left on Powell Road and go for .7 miles to public boat launch on right. If you see Mishe Mokwa Dr., you went too far.
All instruction and equipment provided (kayak, stand-up paddleboard, paddle, life jacket)
- $140 for 4-day session; $120 for subsequent sessions
- $80 reduced rate for Harbor Springs students (session 6)
For your child’s comfort and safety, you are responsible for bringing the following:
- Water bottle, snack, swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, t-shirt, shorts, jacket/fleece, sun hat, sandals/water shoes/tennis shoes. No flip flops!
Pre-registration required. Must register by Saturday at noon for next week’s session. Space is limited.
Note: session will be cancelled if less than 4 kids are registered.
- Online: Now Closed
- In Person: Stop in the store at 153 E Main Street
- By Phone: Call us at 231.526.2621